Wednesday, August 10, 2011

PARIS, HEATWAVE AND THERE'S A HAIR IN MY MOUTH


Bonjour!  That's French for good day.  However, do ya'll see me in this picture?  Me neither.  That would be Tres Bad!  I sat around listening to 'conversational' French for weeks and was prepared to be the Madame Pompidou of Paris when I was shocked to find that not only was I stuck with Bob Barker and Ms. Agnies BUT that little wienie dog, Beanie and his yappy, jumpy, more irritating than you can imagine terrier, Blue, appeared and the humans were gone--for two weeks, no less.  I had to set some things straight right away and almost lost my mind (and a few pounds) until My Humans returned.  I did not eat the cats although it did pass my mind several times.

When My Humans returned, the nice cool weather I so love turned rapidly into a heatwave.  I swear ya'll, you could cook eggs on the back of a cat layin' in the sun.  I determined that the only necessity to exit the cool air conditioning would be first thing in the morning and last thing at night.  When you have a gorgeous fur coat as I do, there is no amount of panting or water drinking that cools this big girl down to tolerable.  I hate the swimming pool, water hoses and misters.  They simply muss me up and I refuse to be a dolt lying in the sun like I don't know better--note to Bob and Agnies--it's hotter than blazes out there and if you don't lie in the sun, you won't get so hot!  Anyways, this record-setting heat has lasted for nearly two months now.  Someone has made amends with the rain gods and sent it our way these past few days and we are basking in low 90's instead of cooking at 115 degrees and that ain't the heat index.

Speaking of hot--what's a girl to do when she does get wet or messy and I must admit, I do make such a fuss with My Humans that they thus far have 'almost' given up on baths.  I have dumped at least 100 lbs of hair on every available nook and cranny in the house, on the chairs and I can't help it--I eat it.  Now that might seem a bit odd to anyone else but it IS my hair and if I like to chew on it, so be it.  Mrs. Human has been hacking with her tiny scissors at these awful mats on my butt and I look rather shaggy at the moment but I can assure you, I will just grow more hair to replace the missing ones and maybe twice as much hair.  That way, I can spread the love as far and high as possible.  It's the least I can do so she has something to do besides sit in that pool if I can't be in there!


Mr Human gave the deck a mini facelift and we simply adore what he's done!  He's so thoughtful...










No comments:

Post a Comment